Join us for an unforgettable journey into the heart of Afro-Cuban dance with our AsęIle Workshop. These sessions offer a deep dive into the rich traditions, techniques, and cultural expressions of Cuba, allowing you to explore the vibrant world of Afro-Cuban dance like never before.
- Duration: Each workshop session lasts approximately 3 hours, ensuring an immersive and comprehensive experience.
- Flexible Booking: You have the option to book the full 3-hour workshop for just £40, or you can choose to participate in individual sessions within the workshop for £15 each.
- Sessions: The workshop is divided into three sessions:
- 6:00 PM Session: Dive into Rumba Yambu and Guaganco.
- 7:00 PM Session: Explore Rumba Columbia.
- 8:00 PM Session: Learn Timba and discover how to apply Rumba in your Salsa/Timba social dance.
About the Workshop: Our AsęIle Workshop is a celebration of Afro-Cuban dance and culture, created by Damarys Farres of the Cuban School. It aims to preserve, conserve, celebrate, promote, and expand knowledge of African influences in Afro-Cuban, Caribbean, and Latin cultures—products of the slavery trade and migration waves in the diaspora. This edition features the expertise of Ivan Valdespino (making his first appearance in the UK) in collaboration with artists of the diaspora.
- Afro-Cuban Heritage: Delve into the vibrant and diverse Afro-Cuban dance heritage, exploring fundamental techniques, musical intricacies, and cultural expressions.
- Soulful Rhythms: Immerse yourself in the soulful rhythms of Rumba, mastering the dynamic footwork that defines this captivating dance form.
- Interactive Learning: Gain insights into classic Rumba moves like Vacunaos and the Quinto, vital components of this dance style.
- Social Dance Context: Learn how to apply your Rumba skills in a social dance context, whether at your favourite club or during Salsa dancing sessions.
Meet the Instructors:
- Damarys Farres: Known as the "Ambassador of Cuban dance and culture in the UK," Damarys Farres is a passionate dancer, choreographer, and teacher with expertise in Cuban and Afro-Cuban dance forms and rhythms. She is the founder of D'CubanSchool and is renowned for her energy, knowledge, and dedication to preserving Cuban culture through dance.
- Ivan Enrique Valdespino: A Cuban dance teacher with over 25 years of professional artistic experience, Ivan Valdespino is the 1st Soloist with the National Folkloric Ensemble of Cuba. He brings his extensive expertise to the workshop, enriching your dance experience.
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in the rhythms, techniques, and cultural expressions of Afro-Cuban dance. Whether you're a seasoned dancer or a newcomer, our AsęIle Workshop is designed for all levels of expertise.
Book your workshop sessions today and be part of this vibrant celebration of dance and culture! Enroll now!