Discover the captivating world of Afro-Cuban dance with our Orishas Workshop, an immersive journey into the rich cultural tapestry of Cuba. This workshop, divided into three enlightening sessions, offers you the flexibility to choose one or all, making it accessible to dancers of all levels and interests.
- Duration: Each session within the workshop spans 3 hours, ensuring an in-depth exploration of Afro-Cuban dance.
- Flexible Booking: You have the option to attend individual sessions at £15 each or dive into all three sessions.
- Session Schedule:
- 6:00 PM Session: Experience the essence of Orishas Elegua and Oggun dance.
- 7:00 PM Session: Immerse yourself in the graceful movements of Orishas Yemaya.
- 8:00 PM Session: Learn the rhythmic beauty of Timba and how to infuse Afro elements into your Salsa, Timba, and social dance.
About the Workshop: Our Orishas Workshop is a vibrant celebration of Afro-Cuban dance and culture, curated by Damarys Farres of the Cuban School. Its purpose is to preserve, conserve, celebrate, promote, and expand the knowledge of African influences within Afro-Cuban, Caribbean, and Latin cultures. These influences are a result of the historical slavery trade and migration waves in the diaspora. In this edition, we are privileged to have Ivan Valdespino (making his debut appearance in the UK) collaborating with artists from the diaspora.
- Spiritual Connection: Connect with the spiritual essence of Orishas Elegua, Oggun, and Yemaya through dance, exploring their stories, rituals, and movements.
- Rhythmic Beauty: Discover the vibrant rhythms of Timba and how to infuse Afro-Cuban elements into your Salsa, Timba, and social dance styles.
- Interactive Learning: Engage in hands-on dance instruction from experienced professionals, gaining insights into authentic dance techniques.
Meet the Instructors:
- Damarys Farres: Known as the "Ambassador of Cuban dance and culture in the UK," Damarys Farres is a passionate dancer, choreographer, and teacher with expertise in Cuban and Afro-Cuban dance forms and rhythms. She is the founder of D'CubanSchool and is renowned for her energy, knowledge, and dedication to preserving Cuban culture through dance.
- Ivan Enrique Valdespino: A Cuban dance teacher with over 25 years of professional artistic experience, Ivan Valdespino is a 1st Soloist with the National Folkloric Ensemble of Cuba. He brings his extensive expertise to the workshop, enriching your dance experience.
Join us in celebrating the spirit of Afro-Cuban dance, where culture, movement, and rhythm intertwine to create a mesmerizing and memorable experience. Whether you're a seasoned dancer or a curious newcomer, the Orishas Workshop invites you to embrace the heart and soul of Cuba through dance.
Reserve your spot in this dynamic workshop today and embark on a journey that will leave you enriched, inspired, and deeply connected to the world of Afro-Cuban dance. Enroll now!